top of page

REPORT | Bulls 2-2 Silsden

Hearts were broken late on once again as Silsden came from two goals behind to snatch a late draw at the Forest Town Arena.

Goals just before and minutes after the break from Ross Duggan and Brandon Webster gave AFC a well-earned lead, but they couldn't keep hold of their advantage and Mark Everingham's free-kick one minute from time earned the visitors a point.

Ross Duggan came close to earning the Bulls an early lead, but couldn't squeeze his low drive into the bottom corner from a tight angle, instead firing wide.

The visitors looked dangerous on the break, and Jordan Annable did well to block two efforts on goal from Laurence Sorhaindo.

Jack Warner was the next to come close, and on the end of a dangerous in-swinging ball by Tom Slone his headed connection sent the ball looping just over Ben Higginson's bar.

Good blocks were becoming the talking point of the game - Duggan's second half-chance of the game saw him neatly bring the ball onto his favoured foot, but his low effort was well stopped by a Silsden man.

Only minutes later did Duggan have the ball in the net as his deflected strike was enough to fool Ben Higginson, but the linesman ruled the goal out due to the ball coming off an offside Bulls man.

But on the stroke of half-time, the Bulls finally edged ahead, as McGuire's thumping half-way line header allowed Duggan to chase down and win the ball off Josh Kaine before slotting underneath Higginson.

AFC then started the second half just how the finished the first, and Brandon Webster scored his third goal in four games when his 20-yard volley looped over the Silsden 'keeper.

The goal flurry continued only minutes later, but this time it were the visitors who found the net as Josh Brown took advantage of AFC's inability to clear the ball and headed home from yards out.

Brown almost brought the game level instantly, but he glanced a free header wide from ten yards.

Just minutes after coming on for Duggan, Grant Ryan should have restored the two-goal cushion but squandered a one-on-one as Higginson kept his effort out.

With five left to play, Silsden were left scratching their heads as Sorhaindo chested the ball perfectly for Kirby, but the strike struck the crossbar from the edge of the penalty area.

But the visitors did eventually draw level, as Mark Everingham slotted a free-kick under AFC's three-man wall and into the bottom corner with just one minute of normal time remaining.

The game ended on a sour note for substitute Luke Hudson, who had only just come on for the visitors, as he was shown a straight red card in injury time.

AFC hope to finally earn three points when they host Maltby Main on Saturday.



Final score | AFC Mansfield 2-2 Silsden

Scorers | Duggan (45'), Webster (49') - Brown (55'), Everingham (89')

Bulls XI | Warhurst (GK), Mears, Slone, McGuire, Annable, Darker, Warner, Wilson, Duggan (Ryan 75'), Buxton (C), Webster

Unused subs | Lucas, Dawson, Stancliffe (GK)

Yellow cards | Buxton (29')

Silsden XI | Higgindon (GK), Brown, Everingham, Kaine (C), Illingworth, Barnes, Taylor-Mountford (Blackwell 76'), Mitchell, Kirby (Hudson ?'), Shazad (Wademan 76'), Sorhaindo

Unused subs | N/A

Yellow cards | N/A

Red cards | Hudson (90'+4)

Man of the Match | Brandon Webster

Attendance | 50


bottom of page